Bartender Challenge: #takemetotaleschallenge
Redemption Whiskey “#TakeMeToTales” Bartender Challenge Program Requirements
Entry Instructions and Requirements
- To enter, post a photo on your Instagram account of an original cocktail recipe that meets the requirements described below (your “Entry”). Entries must be received by 11:59 PM ET on March 24, 2017. There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person.
- Your Instagram post should include the following information:
- Name and photo or video of signature cocktail
- Use hashtag #takemetotaleschallenge
- Tag @RedemptionWhiskey
- Ensure profile is not set to private
- If you do not have an Instagram account, you can direct message photo and caption to @RedemptionWhiskey on Instagram and we will post it on Redemption’s Instagram page
Sponsor: Deutsch Family Wine and Spirits (“DFWS”)
- All cocktails should be inspired by Redemption Rye.
- Redemption Rye should be the dominant spirit ingredient and the recipe cannot contain more than six (6) ingredients (including dashes, drops, and anything that alters the flavor of the cocktail).
- The cocktail cannot contain more than three (3) alcohol-based beverage ingredients.
- The total alcohol content of the recipe must not exceed 2.0 oz.
- The cocktail must be no more than 10 oz. and no less than 2.0 oz.
- The ingredients must be expressed in fluid ounces (.5 oz., 1 oz., 2 oz., etc.), with dashes and drops being the smallest quantities.
- Preparation and mixing instructions must be included with your recipe.
- You should specify the glassware to be used for serving. For example, highball, old fashioned, Collins, martini cocktail glass, etc.
- The method of preparation may not involve fire or flames.
- You must specify a name for your recipe. The name may not include any copyrighted or trademarked material or any retailer’s name, except that you may use the Redemption brand in the name.
- Cocktails should not contain another whiskey brand
- Cocktails with specially made ingredients will not be eligible unless these are easily made and a full recipe is included. For example: Cardamom syrup or simple infusions and no more than 2 flavors per syrup or infusion. No home-made bitters, shrubs, blends or infusions will be allowed.
By entering, you agree to the attached Terms and Conditions of Entry.
Semi Finalist Selection
Select judges will evaluate all entries and select the TOP five (5) entrants they deem submitted the most promising cocktail. The “Semi Finalists” will be selected based on the following judging criteria:
Cocktail Name: 10 points
Service flair and presentation: 10 points
Overall visual appeal: 20 points
Aroma, taste, and balance of flavors: 30 points
Innovation: 10 points
Would you enjoy more than one? 20 points
Total of 100 Points
Finalist Selection by Jonathan Pogash, President/Owner of The Cocktail Guru, Inc.
The finalist challenge will take place on June 5th, 2017 at the Martignetti company offices in Taunton, Massachusetts. Each Semi Finalist will be asked to create the drink in his/her Entry. Semi Finalists can use their own equipment or use the equipment provided by Martignetti. Jonathan Pogash will pick one (1) winner based on the same judging criteria as above.
Three (3) 1st place winners receive a trip to Tales of the Cocktail in New Orleans. The trip includes: (a) round-trip coach class airfare for one (1) person from an airport close to the winner’s home to the destination city; and (b) hotel accommodations for one (1) person for at least three (3) nights; and (c) one (1) all access educational pass including a seminar hosted by Redemption Whiskey. Please see the Trip Details Section below for additional details. The approximate retail value of the trip is $5,000. The actual value of the trip will vary depending on various factors, including the date of booking, the point of departure, the destination city, and the dates of travel.
Three (3) second (2) place winner(s) receive a $300.00 Gift Certificate to Boston Shaker
Three (3) third (3) place winner(s) receive a Redemption backpack with product and select bar tools
Each winner is responsible for paying any income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. He/she will be required to provide a Social Security Number for tax reporting purposes. Any details that are not specified above will be determined by DFWS, in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. A winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, DFWS reserves the right to substitute a prize (or component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by DFWS, in its sole discretion. Winners must travel on the dates specified by DFWS. Once travel documents are issued, travel arrangements cannot be changed. Prizes do not include alcoholic beverages.
Take Me to Tales Challenge Terms and Conditions of Entry
No purchase is necessary to participate.
- Sponsor: The Contest is offered by Deutsch Family Wine and Spirits (“DFWS” or “Sponsor”).
- Eligibility: The Contest is open only to individuals who (a) are legal residents of Massachusetts (b) are at least twenty-one (21) years old and (c) who have or create an Instagram account through instagram.com. Employees of Sponsor, Martignetti, or of any other alcohol beverage company, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. To obtain a copy of the winner’s list, mail a request to Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits, 201 Tresser Blvd., Suite 500, Stamford CT 06901.
- Agreement to Terms and Conditions: By participating in this Contest, you indicate your unconditional agreement to these Terms and Conditions, the Program Requirements, and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. You cannot win a prize unless you comply with all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions or the Program Requirements at any time, without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on www.redemptionwhiskey.com.
- Rights to Entries: By entering, you: (a) irrevocably grant Sponsor, Martignetti, and each of their agents, licensees, and assigns (collectively, the “Rights Holders”) the unconditional and perpetual (non-exclusive) right and permission to copyright, reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, and otherwise use your Entry as-is or as-edited (with or without using your name) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from you or any other party; (b) forever waive any rights of copyrights, trademark rights, privacy rights, and any other legal or moral rights that may preclude the Rights Holders’ use of your Entry, or require any further permission for the Rights Holders to use the Entry; and (c) agree not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against the Rights Holders on the grounds that any use of the Entry, or any derivative works, infringes any of your rights as creator of the Entry, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights, and moral rights.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest, you agree that the Rights Holders and any media attending events related to the Contest may use your name, likeness, voice, opinions, photographs, audio-visual footage, recipe, biographical information, state of residence, and/or any other record of your participation in the Contest for promotional purposes in any press releases, advertisements, television, radio, film, documentary, internet, or in any other publication or media without further payment or consideration.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest; or (b) award the prizes according to the criteria set forth above from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and seek damages from any individual who tampers with the operation of the Contest, violates these Terms and Conditions, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void in Utah and where prohibited.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Martignetti, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a)unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property. You further agree to indemnify, release, and hold the Released Parties harmless from any claims that their use of your Entry (as contemplated in these Rules) violates or infringes upon the rights of any third party. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Connecticut. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Connecticut, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Connecticut.
- Instagram: To participate in the Contest you must have an active non-private Instagram account (i.e., your posts must be set to “public” and not “private”) and you must tag the @RedemptionWhiskey profile. If you do not have an Instagram account, you can create one for free at www.instagram.com. A compatible mobile or similar device is required to download the app and use the Instagram social media platform. Your post must comply with these Official Rules. When posting your Redemption Cocktail photo on Instagram, you MUST include the hashtag #takemetotaleschallenge. In accordance with applicable law, the use of the hashtag #takemetotaleschallenge serves to disclose to the public that by posting your photo on an Instagram account, you are entering a Contest for DFWS for the opportunity to win prize(s) from DFWS as the Contest sponsor. If the hashtag #takemetotaleschallenge is omitted from your photo, your Contest entry will be disqualified by Sponsor.
By posting a photo, you agree that it conforms to these Official Rules and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may declare your entry void and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes that your entry fails to conform, for any reason Sponsor deems appropriate in its sole discretion, to these Official Rules.
The photo, including any accompanying text (as applicable) must be taken/created solely by the owner of the Instagram account. By submitting an entry, entrant represents and warrants that: the entry does not violate or infringe any copyright, trademark, trade name, trade secret or other proprietary right of any person or entity; and any person(s) depicted or referenced in the photo, including any accompanying text (as applicable) has given his or her express written consent to its submission into the contest and use as contemplated by these Official Rules and by submitting any photo, including any accompanying text, that contains the name, image, voice, signature, statements, likeness of (or other reference to) any person, you hereby represent and warrant that you have obtained such written permission.
Photos containing full or partial nudity, or any lewd or sexually suggestive gesture will be disqualified. No photo, including any accompanying text, shall (i) depict or imply consumption of alcoholic beverages (ii) depict or imply persons conducting themselves in an inappropriate manner (iii) contain any material that would degrade or demean the human form, image or status of women, men or the members of any group based on race, religion, ethnic background, sexual orientation or any other minority status, or (iv) include an image or reference to any person under 21 years of age. Obscene, provocative, lewd or otherwise objectionable content or language or those which reflect poorly on Sponsor’s brands will not be considered a valid entry and the determination of the appropriateness of any photo or video including any accompanying text submitted is at the sole discretion of the Sponsor and/or its agents.
All terms and conditions of Instagram.com apply. In order to enter the Contest or receive a prize, you must fully comply with all of Instagram’s terms at help.instagram.com/478745558852511 and privacy terms at help.instagram.com/155833707900388 (collectively, “Instagram Terms”), and by entering you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and Instagram Terms.
At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, prize forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (a) a potential winner’s failure to respond to initial notification via Instagram, or within the time period stated in the transmission; (b) the failure of notification due to deactivation of the potential winner’s Instagram account prior to receipt of notification; (c) a potential winner’s failure to become a follower of @RedemptionWhiskey on Instagram; (d) a potential winner’s Instagram account being set to “protected mode” so that the potential winner’s updates/responses may not be visible in Sponsor’s inbox; (e) potential winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory contact information such as phone number or email address for further communication; (f) potential winner’s failure to complete and return required documents by the date specified in winner’s notification email; and (g) any other non-compliance with these Official Rules.
The Instagram name and logo are trademarks of Instagram in the United States and other countries. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.